OctoAI Technologies Corp. is a Vancouver-based proptech company developing solutions for the multi-family real estate and insurance markets. Our flagship product, Eli Report (www.elireport.com), is an AI-powered condo document review platform for real estate professionals that enables them to quickly and efficiently review condo documents, while serving as a resource to help inform their clients. The platform also helps better assess the risk profile of a condo community from an insurance perspective, leading to more informed underwriting decisions.
Founded in 2017, we are a small team of entrepreneurial individuals (+ an octopus!) enthusiastic about building amazing technologies that help our customers succeed, homeowners stay more informed and ultimately build healthier communities.
About the Role
A critical member of our engineering team, you will lead all UI activities including design, implementation, troubleshooting and testing. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive working in a remote environment.
- Lead all aspects of customer experience
- Create beautiful and functional React web applications
- Developing high performance, reusable and secure software with excellent test coverage
- Participate in the design of our core products
- Evaluating existing and new technologies and approaches to ensure our applications utilize industry best practices
- Expert-level knowledge of the React library and its ecosystem, with 3+ years’ industry experience developing API driven web applications
- Deep knowledge of build and deploy tools including Webpack, Bable, and CloudFront
- Ability to optimize web performance and usability
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools
- Strong knowledge of Git and workflow control
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Jest, Cypress, Docker, WordPress
- Experience using a broad range of UX patterns
- Experience with Machine Learning, Data Extraction, and Natural Language Processing is beneficial
- Location: Octo AI is in Vancouver BC
- Hours: Available during hours 10am-3pm PST
- Remote: Work from home – must reside and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada